At 18 years old, Hendrik Christiaan Schobbers started selling cereals and seeds to farming companies, millers and cooperatives. He bought a warehouse and silo in Echt (NL) in 1949. He traded in sowing seeds and grains. The office was in his house in Venlo (NL).
In the 1940s, H.Ch. Schobbers NV was established. In 1962 his son, L. Schobbers, entered the company. The company grew. Markets were agriculture-oriented, but markets such as the bird feeder industry were also supplied.
The focus was on the international market – importing and exporting sowing seeds. In the late 1960s, the founder left the company. The second generation, L. Schobbers, carried on the business and continued its growth. At the end of the 1980s the decision was made to expand the warehouses, thus providing more production and storage capacity.
In the late 1990s the third generation became involved in the company. Trade in seeds for sowing was greatly reduced. At the same time, the focus on edible seeds & kernels developed. A new office building in Venlo followed in 1999. Expansion of storage and processes is taking place at the production location in Echt. Quality systems (HACCP and GMP) have been set up, put into operation and certified.
International food producers of A labels have become regular clients. Schobbers has been presenting itself more and more at international food fairs. BRC Level A certification has been put into operation. In 2009 the office location in Venlo and the production location in Echt were exchanged for a single new location in Venlo. A building in which office, warehouse and production are united. A building 100% purpose-built for Seeds & Kernels.